8.07.2011

August 2011 Gallery Hop - Performance for JDRF Charity

Gallery Hop has given me so many opportunities.  Every month I meet new people, learn new things, and see old friends.  In 2009 I started my Hop experience in front of the Victorian Gate, and a rotation moved me to Bollinger Tower in 2011.  The move gave me a larger performance space, a complete cheering section composed of the many residents of Bollinger Tower, and an opportunity to sponsor my first charity event (more about that is a bit...).

iSmile!!
I've always felt that any opportunity that you are given to GIVE you should do it!  Jake is our family friend and an all around great kid, as a parent I find that the friends my children hang around eventually become my additional sons and daughters :)  In this case what parent wouldn't go above and beyond for their child.  I purposely surround myself with people who inspire me.  This keeps me encouraged, and excited about life.  Doing this event for Jake was personal because his family inspires me to be a great parent and to create even greater opportunities for my children and their friends!


uSmile!!
This month our fundraiser was for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), which turned out to be named The Smile Event.  I had so much fun, I can't express it all.  Try to picture a bunch of random people running up and down High Street waving The Smile sign in everyone's face, and then seeing their response!


It never ceases to amaze me how music can bring complete strangers together for a great cause.  We had dancers, singers, photographers, neighbors, friends, videographers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, and tons of smiling people all night long, and they gave lots of donations for our event.  100% of the proceeds went to our charity event and I can't thank the Short North Arts District enough for the platform they give to local artists.  See you next month at the Hop!


Want to learn more about JDRF?  Visit their site here.


“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”  - Margaret Mead

No comments: