12.02.2009

Girl Now What is Your Belief System Preventing You from Doing?



I want to share the message that finding some kind of passion in life makes our lives worth the living, impacts those around us to do the same, and helps to make us a better person overall.

Through the sharing of experiences and the giving of encouragement, I hope that GirlNowWhat will become a place for mentorship amongst women locally and then abroad.  We should embrace learning from those who’ve gone on the same journeys before us.  Spare me the arduous trip by revealing to me what may lie ahead.  I have enjoyed the last several weeks of reaching out to women and sharing a meal or chatting over coffee.   


My most recent table discussion was with JoAnn, she shared with me something so profound that I had never taken the time to seriously think about....Belief System. A belief system can refer to many things, but in this case JoAnn shared with me that throughout our lives we have learned various belief systems that have hindered how we feel about ourselves and what we believe we can or can not accomplish.  In most cases they are formed while in our childhood years.  These beliefs can help or hinder our journey through life, and can come from anywhere; parents, religion, philosophies and ideologies.  If you've ever told yourself I'll never because...


I'm not pretty enough


I'm too short


I'm too fat


I'm not smart enough


It's too late ect.  Then you too, have had a belief system


My own personal belief system prevented me from singing publicly because I thought it was too late.  My belief system said most singers start performing at an early age and I considered myself  too old to begin performing.  By comparing myself to others I thought, I'm not good enough to do this publicly, who'd want to hear me?  Finally, I hid my personal desire to perform vocally from anyone because I was now married with children, and lacking confidence in myself to do such a thing.  I always found a way to tell myself there is no way you can manage work, family, and a newly discovered passion for performing now that you have embraced it later that you thought you should.  
By now changing my belief system I see that by fulfilling my personal hearts desires I'm not giving up being a wife and parent I'm creating an interminable amount of experiences, memories, and options for my children.  Now my new found love for myself and the passions I am now embracing have drawn us all closer together as a family.


I am proposing to you to loose those beliefs that are hindering you in life, and go fulfill your destiny by operating in those God-Given gifts that you have.  Don't hold yourself back with invisible fears, live your life.   
So Girl Now What will you do...? 

No comments: