4.28.2010

Anniversary Reflections


On April 10th and 13th I celebrated two great events that mean very much to me.  My 12th wedding anniversary, and 1 year anniversary with Flytown Soul Revue.

My marriage has been very eventful, but I wouldn't change a thing.  We have grown up together and beat hundreds of obstacles that were before us.  I am honored and proud to say I belong to only him.  

After 12 years I wondered what I could share with the world as it relates to us and what we have accomplished.  The only thing I could think of that was "Never Give Up!!"  This is my promise to myself because what I have will definitely always be worth the investment to maintain and watch grow more.

As a band, Flytown jammed with over 60 friends/fans/family and the band Meister at Scarlet & Grey Cafe.  We've done a lot in such a short time.  We've visted the Governor's mansion twice, performed at some of the premier venues in the Columbus area and were even invited to party with a couple who made the decision to commit their lives together through marriage.  All this was accomplished while being full-time career men and women.  I'm convinced of two things in this world.

1.)  Romans 8:38 - For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2.) If you set a goal and work towards it you will accomplish it.  If you work hard, you will get a return on that investment.

I've never claimed to be the best at anything. I know that there are people that are much better at many things I think I'm good at, but I'm enjoying every bit of what I am experiencing as I'm living!

Happy Anniversary to me 2x's!!!

No comments: