4.06.2010

April 2010 - Short North Gallery Hop

When it comes to singing, I love performing when I'm with friends, family, and anyone that appreciates live music.  That kind of fun can be found at the Columbus Short North's Gallery Hop you'll love seeing people walk by, stop, listen, and smile as they stroll the streets.

This month was very special at gallery hop.   I got to share music with my youngest son and photography with my oldest (he's the one with the camera).

Shout out to my Flytown buddies for coming out too and playing for 4 hours just because we love music.  The day began windy and bright.  A few familiar faces passed by, and the traffic was light.  By 8pm the streets were full, and the people were ready to party.  Too bad the rest of the band were packed and ready to go by then.  Their departure left me with my trusty Bose speaker, an iPod full of instrumental tracks and just my voice!  I sang until I couldn't sing anymore.

As a band, we are coming up on our 1 year anniversary, and it's so amazing to see how far we've made it and to look back at what we've accomplished.  Our first official band performance took place on High Street in front of the Victorian Gate Condominiums Sign.  It was May of 2009.  That night we performed from 6pm -10pm.  The crowd was  ridiculously big.  People were dancing, singing, and moving to the beat.  That monthly 4 hour commitment solidified our existence in the Columbus Music Scene.  From there we booked gigs in the Arena District, made new friends, and developed a true fan base.


So can you see how easy it is to get hooked on performing at Gallery Hop?  I love the mixed group of people, the loving couples that walk by, watching people bond together just because they listened to feel good soul music.

Remember Music is What Feelings Sound Like, and Binds Us All Together!  See you next month at gallery hop!

No comments: